Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Shopping Cart

As I was in meditation this morning, I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that we should carry the Joy of the Lord every where we go. Not, that we have to be in the spirit all the time, but when people see us, they should know that there is something different about us. Then I thought about the afternoon I was at Aldi grocery store and this young lady came up to me while putting up my shopping cart.

Here's what happened:

As I was walking back to my car after putting up my shopping cart and getting my $0.25, LOL, this young lady was walking towards the entrance. I didn't know her, she didn't know me, and I had never seen her at the Aldi grocery store. She stopped and said, with a big smile "YOU LOOK AMAZING!" and I smiled back at her and said, "Why thank you, and have a blessed day!" She smiled back and said, "You do the same." I went on to my car and began to think. What was it she saw on me or in me that made me look amazing? It was a Friday, which on my  job was a dress-down day. I had on a jean skirt, white blouse...nothing that was expensive or fancy. I didn't even have on make-up. So I asked the Holy Spirit, what was it she saw on me. He said, "It was the Joy of the Lord." I just smiled, said thank you Holy Spirit and went on home.

The Joy of the Lord comes through the Holy Spirit. John 15:11 says, Jesus says, "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."  Hebrews 1:9 says that God anointed the Lord Jesus with the oil of gladness above his fellows. Gladness in the bible, means to leap or to jump.

I believe the Joy of the Lord leaped out of my spirit, as the young lady was walking towards me. I wasn't doing anything different, just carrying a smile.

So how did I find the Joy of the Lord?

  • Spend time with Him daily
  • Spend time in His word daily
  • Pray in the Holy Spirit daily
  • Love on people daily
  • Cast ALL my cares on Him daily
I believe God hears and answers my prayers. I pray to Him before I express my concerns to anyone.

Make time for Him, His Joy is there.

You will never know who you'll meet while putting up your shopping cart.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa