Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Granny Was Right

My grandmother raised me from the age of one. She and I spent most of our days on the road traveling to church. She raised me in the church from the age of five. She instilled some really good life long lessons and values in me that I will never forget. Among the many lessons was this one.

You'll find this in my book:

"There is one thing I will always remember that my granny told me, “God will supply a need when He sees a need.” We have to open ourselves and be vulnerable to our Lord. He has to see that we want Him in our lives and that we want Him to order our steps everyday. As I went through one of the most difficult times in my life, the Holy Spirit said to me, “Lisa, in order for you to make it through THIS journey you have to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday.” I began speaking these words into my spirit daily. Even when I felt like I was not going to make it. I told myself, I was going to smile everyday, I was going to show up everyday and I was going to succeed everyday."

I watched my grandmother trust God in every way of her life. A Godly woman whom I've never seen live a life outside of what she believed. And that was her faith in God. When ever we were in need of anything, she always knew God was going to supply the need.

Today I live by what my granny taught me. I know God is going to supply my needs when I make my request known to Him.

Today's lesson: As grandma would say, "Keep on living". I thank God for allowing me to keep on living to see the reality of Granny Being Right....

Remember what your granny told you, she probably was right.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa