Monday, November 30, 2015

Everybody Got a Drink

The  more I think about the transformation in my life, the more I realize it was my drinking that was keeping me bound. What was my drink of choice? Lust of the eye, lust of the flesh, pride of life. Don't judge me... I am not longer bound to my drinking anymore. It took some time for me to realize what the drinking was doing to me. The person I am today was not the person I was 10 years ago.

What did it take for me to get delivered from my drink?

1. First acknowledging and confessing that I had a drinking problem.
2. Then deciding to do something about it. Once I made up in my mind that I was not going to be bound anymore, I began making a conscious effort to release it all the the Lord.
3.  I separated myself from the thing or things that were causing me to feel the way I was feeling that caused me to want to take a drink.
4.  I realized how the drinking was destroying me and those around me.
5.  I knew I had to strengthen my relationship with God.
6.  I then stayed in my word and looked to the Holy Spirit for guidance in all.
7.  I made peace with my past.

What's your drink? We all have one.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be Blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa