Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stop Looking for Occasions to Be Offended Step #11 To Forgiving Someone who Hurt You

Can you imagine being someone who looks for opportunities to be offended? I sure can't. I am always looking for opportunities to spread love, joy ad happiness. However, there are some people in the world who does look for opportunities to be offended and or look for a chance to get their feelings hurt in order to make a situation more than what it really is.

Here is what Dr. Wayne Dyer has to say about looking for occasions to be offended.

When you live at or below ordinary levels of awareness, you spend a great deal of time and energy finding opportunities to be offended. A news report, a rude stranger, someone cursing, a sneeze, a black cloud - just about anything will do if you're looking for an occasion to be offended. Become a person who refuses to be offended by any one, any thing, or any set of circumstances.

If you have enough faith in your own beliefs, you'll find that it's impossible to be offended by the beliefs and conduct of others.

Not being offended is a way of saying, "I have control over how I'm going to feel, and I choose to feel peaceful regardless of what I observe going on." When you feel offended, you're practicing judgment. You judge someone else to be stupid, insensitive, rude, arrogant, inconsiderate, or foolish, and then you find yourself upset and offended by their conduct. What you may not realize is that when you judge another person, you do not define them. You define yourself as someone who needs to judge others.

This passage reminded me of something that recently happened to me. As you many of you know, I am in the process of launching my book, Smile, Show Up, Succeed EVERYDAY. I am excited about the book and what I know it will do for those who take time to invest in my gift. However, because I'm excited about the book does not mean that everyone I share it with is excited about my book. For example, one of my sister's is a school teacher, so I just figured as a teacher she would enjoy reading my book. So, I sent the book to her around Christmas, she said she didn't get it so I sent it again and copied myself to make sure she got the book. Yes, she got the book. It is now January 12, 2016 and I haven't heard anything from her either way. Now, was I offended, ABSOLUTELY NOT! Why, because I don't need her input to validate my gift as a writer or do I need her to tell me it's good or bad. I just wanted to share it with her. Even though she's not responded, my book is still on the way for me to proof, and I will still publish  my book for the world to read. I am very confident in myself and my vision.


My expectation is low and my acceptance is high.... this keeps me from being disappointed.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa