Friday, January 8, 2016

Let Go of Resentment Step #8 to Forgiving Someone Who has Hurt You

I believe this has got to be one of the hardest things to do when it comes to forgiving someone who has hurt you. Why, because you feel validated in your hurt and in your resentment. But what I've learned over the years, resentment only makes you bitter, and meaner. It takes years away from you and it lessens your chance of true happiness with either your partner or your friends and family.

This is what Dr. Wayne has to say about resentment in a relationship -  What causes annoyance and anger after a dispute? The generic response would be a laundry list detailing why the other person was wrong and how illogically and unreasonably they behaved, concluding with something like, "I have a right to be upset when whom ever speaks to me that way!"

But if you're interested in living a Tao-filled life, it's imperative that you reverse this kind of thinking. Resentments don't come from the conduct of the other party in an altercation-no, they survive and thrive because you're unwilling to end that altercation with an offering of kindness, love, and authentic forgiveness.  as Lao-Tzu says: Someone must risk returning injury with kindness, or hostility will never turn to goodwill. - Lao-Tzu

So when all of the yelling, screaming, and threatening words have been expressed, the time for calm has arrived. Remember that no storm lasts forever and that hidden within are always seeds of tranquility. There is a time for hostility and a time for peace.

This is something I NEVER LIKE DOING... holding grudges and resentment. This is what I said to myself when I married Steven, "I will serve him as unto the Lord. I will love the God in him more than I will love him." This has helped me to stay true to my marriage and to my commitment to God and our family. I don't like holding grudges, I do get upset, sure, we all do, but to be resentful towards someone is not something I choose to do. In the end, it doesn't help anyone, even if you're not together or have a relationship anymore. The best thing to do is "Let It Go and Love."

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa