Saturday, January 9, 2016

Be Kind Instead of Right - Step #9 of Forgiving Someone Who has Hurt You

Being kind is something I try to do everyday. It's just easier to be kind even when someone has hurt me or has gotten under my skin. Yes, that does happen to me from time to time, but I know how I like to feel and be, so being kind always keeps me where I like to be and that is CENTERED.

Dr. Wayne Dyer says that: There is a Chinese proverb, If you're going to pursue revenge, you'd better dig two graves, which is saying to me: your resentments will destroy you.

The world is just the way it is. The people who are behaving "badly" in the world are doing what they're suppose to be doing. You can process it in any way that you choose. If you're filled with anger about all of those "problems," you are one more person who contributes to the pollution of anger. Instead, remember that you have no need to make others wrong or to retaliate when you've been wronged.

Imagined if someone says something to you that you find offensive, and rather than opting for resentment, you learn to depersonalize what you've just heard and respond with kindness. You are willing to freely send the higher, faster energies of love, peace, joy, forgiveness, and kindness as your response to whatever comes your way. You do this for yourself. You would rather be kind than right.

The first sentence says that bad people are doing what they are suppose to be doing.... You may not believe that, but I do, why? Because, if everyone was good in the world, you'll never know what you're still struggling with. It takes obstacles and challenges to help us become better people. If your response to something takes you back to something in your character that you thought or believed to be gone comes back up, then you NOW know that this is an area in your character that you still need to deal with.

Sometimes it's hard being nice to someone when they aren't nice to you. I believe this is hard to practice within a family. I remember when I was let go at my old job, I was hurt and disappointed about the way it all went down, but I got over it. Then, about 2 years later, one of the people that was apart of the conspiracy reached out to me and inquired about a job as she too was let go. Now, I could have stayed mad, and said, nope, not going to help you because you were apart of plot that got me fired. but instead, I responded with kindness, and took her resume' and forwarded to the HR manager in my department at my current job. What was the lesson here, it didn't matter what she did to me nor if I had the right to say no, what mattered was that I was willing to let go of what she did to me, and lend a helping hand, use my level of influence at my job and gave her an opportunity to get employment. Today, we're back being friends.


Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa