Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Learn to Let Go and Be Like Water - Step #6 How to Forgive Someone Who Hurt You

Step #6 - Ummm. Be Like water??? Really Wayne. Well let's see what Mr. Wayne Dyer has to say about being like water.

Rather than attempting to dominate with your forcefulness, be like water: flow everywhere there's an opening. Soften your hard edges by being more tolerant of contrary opinions. Interfere less, and substitute listening for directing and telling. When someone offers you their viewpoint, try responding with: "I've never considered that before-thank you. I'll give it some thought."

When you give up interfering, and opt instead to stream like water-gently, softly, and unobtrusively-you become forgiveness itself. 

Picture yourself as having the same qualities as water. allow your soft, weak, yielding, fluid self to enter places where you previously were excluded because of your inclination to be solid and hard. Flow softly into the lives of those with whom you feel conflicted: Picture yourself entering their private inner selves, seeing perhaps for the first time what they're experiencing. Keep this image of yourself as gently coursing water, and watch how your relationships change.

I can literally hear Dr. Wayne speaking these words on Oprah. I'm a go with the flow girl. I don't push the envelope, I consider the other person's feelings and of course what is the outcome I'm looking for. I will take the low road and apologize first, keep my thoughts to myself until the time is right to say something. I haven't always been this way, but now that I've found my center, developed peace within, and developed more empathy, I can do as Dr. Wayne has said, Be like water and Let Go.

Find your wave and float.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be Blessed,
Ms. Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa