Monday, January 11, 2016

Practice Giving Step #10 Step to Forgiving Someone Who has Hurt You

I believe giving is the best way to forgive and to forget about everything that you're going through. It also makes you feel good about yourself and makes you very grateful and thankful for all you have an everything you had to go through to get there.

Here is what Dr. Wayne Dyer has to say about giving: In the midst of arguments or disagreements, practice giving rather than taking before you exit. Giving involves leaving the ego behind. While it wants to win and show its superiority by being contrary and disrespectful, your Tao nature wants to be at peace and live in harmony. You can reduce your quarreling time to almost zero if you practice this procedure;

Wherever you are, whenever you feel strong emotions stirring in you and you notice yourself feeling the need to "be right," silently recite the following word from the Prayer of Saint Francis: Where there is injury, let me bring pardon."

Be a giver of forgiveness as a he teaches: Bring love to hate, light to darkness pardon to injury. Read these words daily, for they'll help you overcome your ego's demands and know the fullness of life. 

Yes, it's hard to give to someone who has hurt you and to even harder to give to them at the moment they hurt or is hurting you. I believe this one will take some thought as its hard to give to someone at the moment who is emotionally, physically, or verbally abusing you.

I'll share this story with you, In my career as a manager, I had, whom I thought was the worse boss in the world. She was always on me, saying things that was demeaning to me. She made me feel incompetent, and insignificant in my role as a leader. This went on for quit some time. One day she came to my office and told me that I didn't deserve to be sitting in that seat and I was only given the job because there was know one else to do the job. I reached out and took her hand and looked her in the face and said "I'm sorry you feel that way, however I don't receive what you're sayin, and if there is every anything I can do to help you feel better about yourself, please let me know." That put an end to her verbal abuse towards me.

Sometimes it just takes courage to give to those who are hurting you.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be Blessed,
Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa