Thursday, January 14, 2016

Embrace Your Dark Times - Step #13 How to Forgive Someone who Hurt You Forever

Embracing the dark side of us requires us to look at ourselves, and the life that we've created for ourselves. It requires us to step back and look at every bad thing that has happened to us. I call it looking at the mud. I remember as a child we played house and at mud cakes, do kids still eat mud cakes these days? Probably not, they're too busy playing with their own electronic devices because we as parents are too busy playing with our own. However, mud isn't clean nor is it made to be eaten, but mud can be used to pretend things are okay. And when we're in pain we often fake it until we make it. Here is what Dr. Wayne Dyer has to say about embracing our dark times.

In a universe that's an intelligent system with a divine creative force supporting it, there simply can be no accidents. As touch as it is to acknowledge, you had to go through what you went through in order to get to where you are today, and the evidence is that you did. Every spiritual advance that you will make in your life will very likely be preceded by some kind of fall or seeming disaster. Those dark times, accidents, tough episodes, break ups, periods of impoverishment, illnesses, abuses, and broken dreams were all in order. They happened, so you can assume they had to and you can't unhappen them.

Embrace them from that perspective, and then understand them, accept them, honor them, and finally transform them.

This reminds me of a time when I left my second husband and started dating a guy who was what some of us would call a THUG.... a glock carrying, Grand Prix driving, bull dog walking man. Yelp, I went down that road too. He was abusive, he would take his gun out and sit it on the table to threaten me and my son. He put fear in our hearts which made me afraid to leave. When I did get the courage to leave him, he broke up all the glass furniture we had, kicked my plants over and told me he would call action 9 and put it all over the television. Fast forward, I did leave him, scared to death but I did. The next day I came back, there was the bull dog sitting in the middle of the floor, another scare tactic... it didn't work. I went to get a restraining order on him and the judge told me that I didn't look like the type that would be there getting a restraining order. I felt embarrassed, in which I was. He told me that he didn't want to ever see me in there again.... and guess what, HE HASN'T. THANK GOD.

As bad as that situation was, it has helped me to grow as a woman, recognize bad behavior when I see it and run if I have to.

It's okay to play in the mud sometimes as some mud is great for your complexion especially the green mud. :)

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa