Thursday, December 31, 2015

Switch the Focus from Blaming Others to Understanding Yourself. Step #4 to Forgiving Someone who hurt you

I believe this is probably the most difficult thing in life to do. Look at the man in the mirror and tell him or her the truth. I also believe the truth is one of the hardest things to handle. Who wants to be told the ugly truth about themselves, even when it will help make you a better person. Only someone who has a clear understanding of who they are and where they are going, and what is needed to get there, can handle the UGLY truth about themselves. Here is what Wayne Dyer says about step #4.

Whenever you're upset over the conduct of others, take the focus off those you're holding responsible for your inner distress. Shift your mental energy to allowing yourself to be with whatever you're feeling - let the experience be as it may, without blaming others for your feelings. Don't blame yourself either! Just allow the experience to unfold and tell yourself that no one has the power to make you uneasy without your consent. and that you're unwilling to grant that authority to this person right now.

Tell yourself that you are willing to freely experience your emotions without calling them "wrong" or needing to chase them away. In this way, you've made a shift to self-mastery. It's important to bypass blame, and even to bypass your desire to understand the other person; instead, focus on understanding yourself. By taking responsibility for how you choose to respond to anything or anyone, you're aligning yourself with the beautiful dance of life. By changing the way you choose to perceive the power that others have over you and you will see a bright new world of unlimited potential for yourself and you will know instantly how to forgive and let go of anything.

I hold this to be true. My husband told me something a long time ago, "the outcome of a conversation depends on the response." In other words; you can say something to me good or bad, how the conversation goes is clearly based on how I respond. Here is what I do before I bring up anything controversial in a conversation and or respond in a conversation... I ask myself this question, "How do I want this to end?" If for some reason I don't see it ending well, I will not have the conversation at that time or respond in a way that will cause it to go left real quick. I will then focus on myself and ask myself this question, "What is making me respond and or react this way?" Once I've identified where I am or was at that moment, I then do something about ME and the way I'm feeling.

Just recently I was feeling some type of way with my Love, and I began to cry, I asked myself what was wrong with me and why was I crying... well come to find out, I was having one of those menopausal moments that had nothing to do with my Love. I got myself together and it was a good night.

Take time to get to know you and what triggers your emotions.. ask yourself the question."What's wrong with you (say your name _____)  today?" Tell yourself the truth when you answer.....

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa