Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Step #3 to Forgiving someone who hurt you - Don't Go to Sleep Angry

This is, I believe one of the hardest things for us to do. Going to bed angry. Husbands and wives do it, best friends do it, siblings do it, co-workers do it, but the bible clearly tells us to not go to bed angry. Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Ephesians 4:26. The Lord knew we would have problems with forgiveness, and going to bed MAD.

Here is what Wayne Dyer says: Each night as I drift off to sleep, I adamantly refuse to use this precious time to review anything that I do not want to be reinforced in the hours of being immersed in my subconscious mind. I choose to impress upon my subconscious mind my conception of myself as a Divine creator in alignment with the one mind. I reiterate my I ams, which I have placed in my imagination, and I remember that my slumber will be dominated by my last walking concept of myself. I am peaceful, I am content, I am love, and I attract only to myself those who are in alignment with my highest ideals of myself.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to bed mad, it didn't matter who it was with, and you can rest assure I did not get good sleep well and got no rest. I woke up tired and still mad. I can remember one time my husband and I had a BIG fight about the yard, yes about the yard. If you know me, my yard is EXTREMELY important to me. This was early in our marriage (like month 2). Man, we went to bed mad because he didn't cut the grass the way I liked it nor the way I wanted it. Little to some but big to me. Immature in our marriage, we went to bed without saying good night, got up the next day without saying good morning. I believe this went on for 2 days.... LAWD what the heck. LOL. I finally came to myself, asked for forgiveness and apologized for my behavior. He laid down the law about how to deal with him going forward... as a wise woman, I hired a yard man, now today the lawn is no longer a reason for us to have heated fellowship. It's worth the $35 a month.

It's easy to say things like, they'll get over it, or it will be alright. But you nor the other person gets over it, and it NEVER goes away until you address it.  And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." Mark 11:25. Make it right before you say good night.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa