Monday, December 28, 2015

How to Forgive someone who has hurt you - 15 Steps to Peace

As we prepare to say good bye to 2015 we should do everything in our power to leave everything that has hurt us in 2015. You can't put new wine in old wine skin. Don't you want to be free to receive all God has for in in 2016? Did you know un-forgiveness can and will cause your blessings to be held up? Yes it sure can. Not only that un-forgiveness causes problems in your body, mind and soul. It shows on your face and the way you treat others as well as yourself.

Forgiving others is something I've learned to do. WHY? Because I like resting, I enjoying being at peace with myself and other men. The key to forgiveness is know that it's for ME and not for the OTHER PERSON. One thing that has also helped me to forgive is to not put un-realistic expectations on people. By doing this, I do not put myself in the position to be hurt or let down.

I was reading Wayne Dyer's blog last week and he shared 15 steps to forgiving someone who hurt you. I know some people may never read Wayne Dyer's blogs or even go to his website, so I thought I would share with you what he said, and put my thoughts to it.


Step 1: Move on to the Next Act
Your past history and all of your hurts are no longer here in your physical reality. Don't allow them to be here in your mind, muddying your present moments. Some of the characters who enter your story have short roles to play, others are there much longer. Some people are mean and evil and some are good and loving. But all of them are necessary to build your character in the play. Don't allow history to continue to be apart of your present nor your future.

I remember as a young girl, I was always getting hooked up with the wrong guy. I remember telling my dad about this one guy and how much I loved him... yes I'm sure I thought I did at the time... but 2 1/2 years later, he crushed my heart like a plane falling from the sky. I got over it but that thing plagued me some years until I finally came to grips to what I was doing wrong... I kept looking at every guy as if he was the one who hurt me. I had to tell myself, "he's not him"! He's long gone now and  I am no longer dealing from that hurt. I've opened my hurt to love and am truly in a good place and now understand the reason for him playing a part in my play. But I truly went on to the next act.

Don't continue to rehash your past/history. Know that everyone that was in your life at that time had a part to play, even if it was the villain. Everyone needs a villain in their life... gotta give the devil a run for his money and give the Lord a chance to leap over some walls...

Move on to the Next Act, It's promised to have a Happy Ending. :)

Remember to Smile, Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa