Monday, December 7, 2015

21 Day Detox Do's and Don'ts - Eat it Right

Well it seems that many of you are interested in the 21 day detox smoothie diet. It's what most people are interested in, losing weight and doing it fast. However, some of you have asked me questions about what to eat and what not to eat during the detoxification. With that, I thought I would post some does and don'ts for you. The detox is really  for 10 days but I went 2 months and I still drink 2 as a meal replacement. Breakfast and dinner.

I'll start with what to avoid:


  • In your smoothies for the 10-day cleanse, do not include any starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, or any other vegetables that are not leafy greens.

  • Refined and processed foods such as refined sugar, refined carbs such as white bread, pastas, donuts, etc. and processed foods.

  • Animal foods such as meat, dairy, milk, cheese, etc.

  • Beverages that dehydrate you such as liquor, beer, coffee, sodas/diet sodas.... I'll tell you, I had to have my am coffee... Couldn't start my day without it.

  • Fried foods of any kind


Here is what you can have:


  • Smoothie ingredients - only use green leafy vegetables, fruits and water in the green smoothies during the 10 day cleanse.

  • Use dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach, beet greens, swiss chard, kale (I only used spinach)

  • Rotate the greens so you don't build up harmful amounts of alkaloids. 

  • You can add 1 scoop of protein powder per day to your green smoothies so you feel full longer and to help maintain your metabolism. Use a known dairy protein powder such as rice, soy or hemp protein. Do not use Whey Protein which is made from cow's milk. Try RAW Protein by Garden of Life. 

  • You can add bananas, apples, blueberries, grapes (seedless) mango, mixed berries, peaches, pineapple, strawberries. 

  • Ground flaxseeds can be added to your smoothie recipes (take a flaxseed tablet every morning )

  • Stevia as your sweetener

  • Tap water is not recommended ( I use bottled water)
If you need to snack during the day here are your options:

Apples, celery, carrots, cucumbers, and other crunchy vegetables throughout the day

High-protein snacks such as unsweetened peanut butter (this is what I ate) hard-boiled eggs and aw or unsalted nuts and seeds (only a handful)

I hope this is helpful... 

Remember, to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa 
your body deserves to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa