Sunday, August 31, 2014

Who Are You Anyway???

How many times have you been asked who are you? How many times have you been introduced and people describe you based on what you do and not who you are? I know this is probably pretty deep and many may not feel this is a topic worth discussing, but I do.

So many time we identify ourselves based on what we do. On my bio it says, Lisa is personal trainer, transformational coach, missionary, wife, mother, medical biller, and the list goes on. But none of these accomplishments speak to the person I am. This only speaks to the things I do and or have accomplished in my life.

Have you ever thought about Who you are outside of What you do? If you woke up one day and you no longer could write, would that mean you are no longer who you thought you were? What if you broke your legs and could no longer play sports, does that mean the person you are stopped to exist because you can no longer play ball? I certainly hope not.

The "I AM', came to be before any of  the "What I Do came to be."

I Am...... a kind, loving, gentle, high energy, enthusiastic, peaceful, joyful, happy, gitty, trusting, whole Being. I was this person at the age of 1 and today at 50, I am still that same person.

Take time to find some adjectives to describe who you are and let the world know that you've been hiding behind something that does not speak to the core of your character.

This weeks lesson:  I am not what I do. I am not a personal trainer, medical biller, or a manager. That is what I do...who I am, is who God created  me to be when he created my Spirit, my Soul, and my Body.

He knew me before I was formed...He knew I would be the one found smiling all the time, excited and laughing......  he knew you too.... :)

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa