Saturday, September 6, 2014

Finding Your Authentic Self

I've been on this life journey of trying to be true to myself and not be like someone else for 3 years now. I can remember growing up wanting long hair like Carla Pate. I think I was a little jealous of her long hair. I also wanted be have breast like my friend Teresa Farmer... well that never happened. I even remember putting tissue in my training bras just to have the appearance of having big breast and then they created the silicone inserts...oh my goodness had those too. Crazy me! I even cut my cousin's hair because it was very long, all the way down her back and it was thick too. I got in some real trouble for cutting her hair. :(.

As I got older I wanted to be thin, that was the beginning of my eating disorder, People would pick at my big butt,They would say, "Lisa got a big old butt, oh yell." You'll remember the song. - Well I refused to be fat so I did what others did to not be fat.... laxatives, and throwing up. Needless to say, I developed an eating disorder and I never got fat, but it wasn't because of that, it just wasn't in my future.

I remember wearing certain glasses to look older because of who I was dating or married to at the time. I remember wearing long skirts to my ankle because that's the way my husband wanted me to wear it. I remember NEVER cutting my long hair because that's the way someone else wanted it.

Now today, I have short hair...I did by the way have long hair until I was 38. I don't throw-up anymore of take laxatives and there isn't anyone in the world I want to be like other than Lisa Dalton. I found 5 steps to help me become authentic and those 5 steps have helped me to remain to myself to this day. It has taken me about 3 years to get here but I am here and there isn't much that can shake me from being my AUTHENTIC SELF.

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa D.

Click on the link below to find out the steps I used to becoming the Authentic Lisa you know today. 5 Steps to Being Authentic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa