Sunday, September 28, 2014

Don't Make Me Come Out of Myself: How to Stay Centered in the Mist of Chaos

I had a chance to watch James Brown this weekend- the best movie ever... OMG. I absolutely loved it. There are many lessons in that movie. What we know about James Brown is not what I learned this weekend. You see -  James Brown was a man that knew how to find good in bad situations. He took advantage of opportunities that was presented to him and made them work in his favor. He did not let people know he was afraid, as he said, "I'm afraid, but I'm strong." I believe it was his faith in God that kept him moving and going forward. Not only that his "Mantra" was "I Am James Brown"... he put a meaning to his name even before his name had meaning. (God Father of Soul!)

Not only that, he knew when he was being pushed outside of his character. Man - I didn't know James Brown was so in-touch with himself that he knew when he was out of character. There is one part in the movie where he told one of his band member's, "Don't make me come outside of myself." That meant, don't take me out of my CENTER - Don't make me come out of my place of peace.. That really touched me and sparked this weeks topic. How to Stay Centered in Chaos.

I, just like you, have been challenged in situations where I felt like I was coming out of myself. Some of us have tools to use to help us first find our center and tools that will help us stay in our center and  get back there when we find ourselves pushed outside ourselves.

I was faced with this challenge just 2 weeks ago. I had to ask myself "What in the world is going on that is causing you to get out of your center." I realized what it was - someone had come into my space and caused what was normal for me to change-- my EGO didn't like that at all - why - because what was normal and comfortable for me was being challenged. Needless to say, I recognized it and so did a few of my co-workers - So what did I do? I had to get back in my place of peace and get CENTERED.

Today, I am sharing with you 4 steps to staying centered in the mist of chaos. Take time to listen to this weeks video blog, I promise the next 9 minutes will make a difference in how you deal with chaos and those uncomfortable situations.

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa