Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lost in a Vision

Do you remember when you were in the third grade and you told your teacher that you wanted to be a teacher just like her? Do you remember when you were the lead singer for the Junior Choir, and you told Sis. Cleo that one day you were going to be a lead singer just like her? Do you remember watching Mrs. Jones fix your moms hair at the beauty parlor and you told her that one day you were going to fix hair just like that? I'm sure all of us have a moment where we saw someone who we wanted to be like. I wonder what ever happened to that vision ......well here is what happened....

You went to college, met a handsome man or beautiful woman, then you got married, had three children, and two dogs. In an effort to make sure everyone is okay and living their vision, you invest all your energy into making that happen for them. Now, 20 years later and your youngest child doesn't want you around much, your middle child has locked himself or herself in the room with the do not disturb sign on the door knob, and your 18 year old is off to college. Oh yell, the Husband and or Wife... well their vision is full blown and everything is moving forward for them.

But guess what..you still have your vision.. This week I was listening to Robert Wesley Branch, the producer of Iyanla Fix My Life,as he talked about how he has always wanted to write a book, he even went as far as going into the library and asked for his book, the Liberian said she had not heard of that author nor the book, but she kept looking... lol. He said that he supports Ms. Iyanla in her vision but he has not forgotten about his own vision of being an author.

I too like Mr. Robert have not forgotten my vision of being a teacher and author. Even though I am in with my husband 100% with our Music Ministry, however that is my husband's vision. I've often felt lost in his vision and wondered if I still had my own. There have been days when I just didn't want to sing or go to rehearsal. Even though I love singing and am pretty good at it, I know that is not my vision that's my husbands vision and because I believe in the vision, I support the vision.

Today, I know I do have my own vision and I am NOT LOST in his VISION. We've learned to support each other's vision and encourage each other along the way. Things are really moving for me in my vision and I'm no longer Lost in a Vision.

This weeks lesson, What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. Don't forget your dreams and aspirations. Don't forget the "What I want to be when I grow up" conversation you had as a child. It is still possible. The Vision is just sitting waiting for you to Show Up...

Ms.Lisa,
Find Peace Within


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa