Sunday, August 10, 2014

But What Will They Say???????

This week has sparked a question in my mind. But What Will People Say? You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. In the past three weeks I've gone to the home going celebrations of two amazing women of God Dawn Mayfield and Ms. Dot Cromwell. It kinda hit me Friday as I was witnessing the home going celebration of Ms. Dot. The church was filled with all those who loved her and cared about her and probably some that wished they had done more for her.They all came to celebrate pay homage to an amazing lady.

My friend Michelle and her mother were former clients of mine. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Ms. Dot would come to the gym and try her best to walk on the treadmill, she would try to do her leg curls and sit-ups. There were many days when she wasn't able to perform any of the exercises, so we would just talk about her joy of teaching math and how much excitement it brought her when the light bulb came on for her students. She often talked about the days she had left before retiring from the school system and the things she was going to do afterward. She loved the Lord and wanted everyone else to Love Him too.

You see Ms. Dot didn't care that she was paying me for a service in which in my mind I wasn't giving her. She hired me to help her lose weight and I didn't think that was happening. But what was happening was a friendship that I will always remember. What she was doing was imparting something in me that I didn't pay for. She let me know that in this life you must find that thing that you're passionate about and enjoy doing it. Look for the little accomplishments in life even when the big ones are what you really would like to accomplish. You see, Ms. Dot didn't stop coming to the gym twice a week even with a bad back and two knee replacements. She and Michelle would still come and give it all they had. Some days, Michelle would be in the weight room and Ms. Dot would be in the cardio room. She would come with her make-up on and her church t-shirt... lol. She would say, "What are we doing today Ms. Lisa"... and I'll respond by saying, "What ever you feel like doing Ms. Dot.".... lol. Many days it was a day of DO NOTHING! My grandmother taught me to respect my elders, so we did just that NOTHING.

So, my question for you today is, What will they say about YOU? I told my Love (husband) that when they have my home going celebration I want it to be said, "She Smiled Everyday, She Showed up Everyday, and She Succeeded Everyday". He said, well Love you better go ahead and put it on paper... LOL. Those that know me well know that a SMILE is something I will always carry... so make sure I have on my face....

What I know for sure.... Don't leave what people say about you at your life celebration up to chance. Go ahead and get it out there and let people know what to say about you by the way you live your life and demonstrate the Love that you have within.We all will have a time when THEY will have something to say... the question is WHAT WILL THEY SAY?

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa