Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Put Some Berries on Those Thighs

Summer is here and I don't know about you but I am trying not to stay in the kitchen much this summer. So I started looking for some good cool recipes to cook on the grill and here is what I found. I love fruit, apples, oranges, nectarines, grapes, and strawberries, pineapple, and peaches that's about it for me... lol  But I do like a good fruit salad and since Friday is the 4th of July, I thought I would share some good recipes I found on line. Actually they were sent to me through Fitnessmagazine.com. You'll find Chicken Thighs with Blueberry sauce, Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potato, Grilled Shrimp with Mango Couscous. (Couscous is cheap at Aldi). Chili-Rubbed Flank Steak with Watermelon-Jimama Salad (not sure what that is) Strawberry-Bacon Pizza ( this one has to be easy) and Nectarine Sundaes, just to name a few.

So pull out the grill and create some awesome new dishes for the 4th of July and this summer. The link is below:.

What I know for sure: God has placed me in a place where I can make a difference in the lives of others. When I walk in a room I expect for the atmosphere to change. I expect for a light of hope to show up when I walk in the room. I expect for the atmosphere to adjust to the energy that I am giving when I arrive. One of my new co-workers told me yesterday that I set the atmosphere in the office. Granted our office is small, maybe 17 people, but it only takes one to change the atmosphere. The change can be HOT or COLD, but there will be a change. I take no credit for it, but I did acknowledge her kind words and said thank you. She asked me what makes me that way, I told her I walk in peace, love and joy. That is what people feel from me when I enter the room. This also happened to me a few weeks ago when I was at the Buy Here-Fry Here store on the Plaza getting some fish for my Love. This stranger walked up to me a I was waiting and said, "there is just something so pleasant about you and I can tell you are a woman of God". Now, I ain't one to go to church and I drink a lot, but I do know what a woman of God looks like and you are it." I kindly said thank you Sir and God loves you too. He said "God bless you" and I said, "May God bless you too."

Have you ever been in a room and this one person entered the room and changed the atmosphere? I am sure we all have experienced that at some point in our lives. What type of energy are you putting out into the atmosphere? I once heard this saying, " You are either the thermostat, where you control the temperature in the room, or you are the thermometer, where you adjust to the temperature in the room." Which one are you, the Thermostat or the Thermometer?

Find peace within
Ms. Lisa

Enjoy your 4th of July -
link to recipes
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/healthy-summer-barbecue/easy-fruit-recipes/o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa