Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Walk Down the Hall..

For the past 3.5 years I've walked the halls of the University of Phoenix increasing my knowledge and getting a higher education. Now 18 credits from graduating, I am being mistaken for one of the instructors. 

This Thursday I walked down the hall to get a cup of coffee, (my first of 2 cups before 10:00 pm) one of UOP's professors stopped me in the hall and asked me what class was I teaching. I responded by telling him I wasn't teaching a class. He didn't believe me and asked me again in a different way. He said, "so, you're a new instructor sitting in a class tonight"? I said, "No, I'm not a teacher, I'm a student." He said, well I've never seen you here before and you sure look like you could be one of our instructors. NOTE: I am always representing the Dalton Brand... always dress for success, you never know who you might run into. I told him I was a student and I shared with him how many more credits I had left before graduating. He told me not to stop once I graduated and to continue on in my education. (that would mean go and get my masters) I told him I didn't have plans on continuing with another business degree and that I was leaning toward a more spiritual walk. He said, "you know Livingstone has a great Theology Program." I said,  "how did you know that's what I was referring to"? he said, "because a sinner like me can see the Jesus in you." I responded and said, "I believe it's the Jesus in you that sees the Jesus in me." We both laughed and I told him that there are a lot of hurting people in this world that need love, spiritual guidance and healing. He said, "God bless you on your journey."

I received that smiled and walked away. :).

What I know for sure, - You'll never know what could happen while walking the hall.. It could be at work, at the mall, or even at school but someone is watching you and your Brand (your personal message). Always remember, your presentation to the world will be that of whom you serve. Your heart must be pure and genuine. 

This weeks lesson.... Always be a good representation of Holiness...that is if your Father is Holy.  How you carry yourself in the hallways of life  will be a good mirror of the way you carry yourself throughout your life.

Live the same in and out of the hallways 

Find peace within,
Ms. Lisa

1 comment:

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa