Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tell A Different Story - My Vegan Life

This past week has been one filled with revelation and dealing with the truth. I have not shared this in my previous post but I jammed 3 of my toes on my right foot on Memorial Day and because of that I have not been able to workout the way I normally do. I did not stop working out until 3 weeks ago when I noticed my toe was not healing. I did not go to the doctor because I knew they couldn't fix it, so I just diagnosed myself by looking up my symptoms on the internet and it said to wrap the toes together, so that is what I did and it has been 2 months now and I am still wrapped. SMH do you think I need to go to the doctor? Not...

This past week I decided not to go to a new company with my former co-workers because I knew where God positioned me. So, I decided to stay with CDHA and be a helper. Sometimes you just have to say NO to the crowd. With that decision I have been responsible for training three new people and making sure the day to day operations continue even though I am not in charge. This is called being a Servant Leader.

During this time I had to deal with a real issue I was having of my own. You know sometimes you will tell yourself a story that just isn't true. I was doing that this week, well actually for two weeks. But this week more than any other. You see, I was telling myself because my Love was not reading ALL my blog post, he was not in support of my dreams and my vision. I even found myself getting into a funk about it. Boy was I wrong. Did you know you could tell your story to yourself so many times that you actually begin to live that story out and you get anxious with the person who is in the story with you and on top of that, they have NO CLUE why you're acting special.

Because I am ALL about PEACE, I thought it would be best to address the issue. My Love and I are studying a book about marriage, it's called, "The Covenant Marriage" by Gary Chapman. On Friday we sat down as we always do at the end of the month to study our chapter. It was during this time I expressed to my Love what I was telling myself about him and him not reading all my post. He just smiled and said "Love I am your biggest support even if I don't  read all your post".  I smiled back and said, "Thank You Love".

What I know for sure.: There is a difference between the Fact and the Truth: You see the FACT is: He doesn't read all my post, but the TRUTH is he IS my biggest supporter. The lesson learned for me this week: stop making up stories in your head about stuff that is not true. Tell yourself a different story. Stop repeating the same story over an over in your head and to others. Get a different story. Often times we tell the SAME story because we want sympathy from others and sometimes it's because we do not want to take responsibility for the part we are playing in what is going on in our lives. I began to tell myself a different story. The Fact is He does not read them ALL but the TRUTH is He does support me. This I can live with.  :)

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa