Friday, June 27, 2014

What's in Your Lunch Box - My Vegan Life

How many of you carry your lunch to work or school? Are you the one that eats out every day? I am not one to eats out a lot, maybe once a week and that's usually on Wednesdays when I have to go to class. But did you know that if you're trying to change your lifestyle, eating out could actually sabotage your efforts. If you are not ordering your food from a sit down restaurant where you have control of how the food is prepared you may be eating more sodium that you need or you could be eating food cooked in saturated cooking oil, and even covered with butter.

The only way to know what is actually in your food is to cook it yourself. It is easy to prepare your meals for the week on Sunday evening or which ever evening you have more time to prepare multiple meals. Tupperware is always a good way to store your foods, freezer bags are great as well. Preparing your food ahead of time will guarantee good healthy food in your lunch box. Not only will you have good healthy food in your lunch box, but you'll have some extra money in the bank or backyard. The average lunch meal will cost you between $7.00 to $10.00 a day depending on where you go. If you're spending $5.00 a day on lunch for 5 days that's $25 and that x 4 is $100. That's a pretty nice piece of change to put away in a month.

I personally carry my lunch to work and when I do not I regret it. Why, because I have to think about where I'm going to eat and that's when I find myself looking in the work refrigerator for the COMMUNITY FOOD....LOL. Usually that sweet tea and a piece of cake, which I refuse to eat. The safest place for me to eat out is Subway. I'll be like Jared and stick to Subway because I know the meal is healthy and I can control what is on it. Usually it's just bread with my salad... it's really called a Veggie Sandwich. All there is to it is vegetables between a bun with vinegar and sweet onion sauce... yummy to my tummy. But that's what works for me and it's $5.00 for a foot long. It's my modern day Now-N-Later.

I was surfing the internet for some new dishes to prepare as I continue in my Vegan Lifestyle change I cam across this link so I think I would share it with you. It is 27 different ideas for lunch box lunches. The food selections look really good, easy to prepare, and affordable.... stay tune and I'll let you know how some of my lunch box meals turn out.

Here's What I Know For Sure.... Think about this.....Are you driving your life or Is your life being driven. When you drive your life you are in control of your life, when you are being driven, your life is controlled by others. Be the driver or your life. Do not allow other people to define you or you feel you need to be validated by others. Know from way deep in your being that you deserve the best life has to offer. Know that not everyone wants to use you, take your gift and then throw you away. There are some people that are really in your corner and will be your biggest cheerleader. And when those that do not agree have good things to say, you let them know that you are the CEO of your decisions and you are on your way to success. Everyday do something that is taking you closer and closer to your dreams. Do not let a day go by that you don't look your dreams in the mirror and say, "Hold on, I'm Coming."



Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/awesome-easy-work-lunches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa