Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Why Not Philosophy

I guess you're asking yourself, what is Lisa talking about the "Why Not"  Philosophy". The Why Not Philosophy is - Asking your self the WHY NOT QUESTION TO FIND OUT WHY YOU'RE NOT..."

1.  You want to move to a new city or state? Why Not?
2.  Wanna be a mechanic? Why Not?
3.  Wanna climb a mountain to the top? Why Not?
4.  You want to drive your car at 100 MPH? Why Not? Be sure the cops aren't around and you know how to handle the wheels... :)
5.  You want to write a book? Why Not? This would be me

Just to name a few things....

Ask yourself this question, what's stopping me from doing my "WHY NOT"? I find myself stopping myself from doing my "WHY NOT ". Why, because I don't like to fail. I am an over achiever in most of the things I do. I work hard to learn a task and I try to perfect it. If I don't understand, I want stop until I've figured it out. I wake up determined to complete every task I assign myself to do. But what I've learned from my years doing my "WHY NOT, is, it's okay to try and fail. The Why Not Philosophy tells me that either I will or I won't, either I can or I can't. There is no trying...When you start something you start to complete the task! 

I am good at organizing, I am good at making people feel good about themselves, I am good at listening, I am good at paying attention to detail, I am good at bringing people together to complete a task, I am good at writing and I am good at yard work... had to throw that one in

Now there are some things I just don't do well and I'm okay with that. for instance, I cannot cook for a large group of people. Five is about as many as I can cook for. I don't even have pots in my kitchen that can hold that much food. SMH -  Shameful I know, right? Why, because I have never had more than 6 people to cook for at one time. I'm  not good at asking for money, so, I don't need a position that's going to require me to do so. And finally, I don't look good with long hair anymore, so I wont be growing my hair out even though I like long hair and it's easier to manage. 

So, What's the "Why Not Philosophy?" The gifts are in the questions. You'll learn what you're good at when you go through the "Why Not" - You will not spend time doing things that don't work for you.  Doing the "Why Not" gets you closer to what does work and what is good for you.

What I know for sure:  When you ask the "Why Not" question you'll find out the "Why Not" answer. That's when you find out what's good for you and you won't spend time doing what isn't. Then and only then will you begin to make an impact on the world.

Find Peace Within
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa