Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pay attention to what you don't see.

This weekend I celebrated another milestone in my life. After finishing college in April 2015, I finally walked across the stage and officially graduated from the University of Phoenix. Excited, absolutely! This was one thing I really never thought I would EVER do, but you know what, I DID. Today, I am glad I made the sacrifice and believed in my self and went back to school.

Being the person that I am, I am always listening to important messages when people speak. At the Commencement Ceremony, Representative D. Craig Horn, the Representative, of the District 68  General Assembly, spoke to the class. He said some very thought provoking comments, but one really stood out for me, and it was this, "If you're surprised you weren't paying attention." I had to write that one down. It got me to thinking. I've heard many people say how surprised they were with the behavior of certain people. I've said it myself. We'll say something like this,  "Wow that caught be my surprise." Did it really catch us by surprise or were we so focused on not seeing what really exist to the point we denied what we saw?

Often time we'll see a situation unfolding but ignored it. For example, when are children misbehave but yet we look at it and laugh and make comments, like, "oh he's or she is so cute".... but yet that child is being, what some would call disrespectful. The child grows up and begins to act out and become more disrespectful, then as a parent, we'll say, "Wow, I'm surprised at his behavior. I didn't see it coming. I wonder why he or she is acting that way." Why are we surprised, when we failed to deal with the situation in the beginning, so it wouldn't grow into a bigger problem later. It's always what we don't see that we are caught off guard with, but when we're paying attention to everything that's going on around us, we will NEVER be surprised.

When you take time to pay attention to what you don't see, you'll be more aware of what's really going on. When you don't see someone doing what you know to be right, don't be surprise when they don't do right with you. If you don't see a person being responsible and taking care of business, don't be surprised when life hits them in the face like a ton of bricks and they find themselves in a crisis.

We've taught our children that life is about making the right choices, and with every choice is a consequence. Pay attention to what you don't see and open your eyes to what you do see so you want be surprise.

Find peace within by opening your eyes to see what's really going on in your life.

Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa
Remember to Smile Everyday, Show-up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa