Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cut It!

As the yard lover that I am, I enjoy cutting grass, pulling weeds, trimming hedges, planting flowers, etc. Sometimes I just sit on the porch and gaze at my hard work. Even though I have a yard man cutting the lawn now, I still get out there and do everything but that. But there is something I noticed, when ever I trim something in the yard, it seems to grow faster.

I cut my beautiful Hostess plants down to the ground late August, because they had gotten so HUGE. Most hostess will grow really big after the third year. Anyway, one morning as I was sitting outside during my meditation time, I noticed that the hostess had began to grow again, even though its season for growth was up.

That got me to thinking. How many things in our life would really grow if only we did a little cutting? I've cut somethings out of my life. Things like, watching reality TV shows, excessive time on social media, (not that I did it a lot anyway). I've cut negative people out of my life. I've changed friends. I've cut out making issues out of something that didn't matter. I've cut out trying to be someone I wasn't designed to be. I've even cut out going to the gym everyday.

Now that I've cut out the things in my life that were not productive or was holding me back from growing, I've found that my roots have taken hold to the grown and began to grow again. Much like the hostess plant that began to grow again, I'm growing as a child of God, wife, mother, author, entrepreneur, mentor, teacher, leader and friend. I have new friends, people who can call me out when I'm wrong, and can speak life into me when I'm down. I spend more time reading and studying the bible. I spend more time writing and hearing from God, instead of watching TV. Don't get me wrong, I still watch "Bones" - that is my favorite TV show in all the world, and I enjoy watching DIY TV, Law and Order, and all the holiday movies. It's called finding balance. I still work out, but not for hours at a time. Now it's 30 minutes 4 days a week to maintain a good heart and healthy weight. Cutting IT has allowed me to grow in areas I never thought were possible.

My advise to you today is to CUT IT - and let it GROW AGAIN. There are just somethings you don't need where you're going in this new season.

Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa
Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa