Thursday, December 25, 2014

Screams from a Car - What's Really Going On?

It was a cold sunny Tuesday morning and I was dropping my son off at school - as we were chit chatting about things that really didn't matter (he's 14 so I was doing most of the talking) my phone chimed- a text message my Love. This one I must answer - the message  "OUR SONG IS PLAYING ON THE RADIO 88.3. OMG... Excitement swept through my body -  the big smile I wear everyday got even bigger.  Scrambling for the radio dial - - - -

The teacher opens the door to the car to let my son out and she hears me screaming - "Is that your song playing on the radio?" she ask - "YES, YES that's my song"! I replied with true joy. "Wow that must be some song." she responds. "OH YES IT IS.. IT IS MY SONG--- LITERALLY - IT IS MY SONG- IT IS OUR SONG- IT IS THE LEVITICUS SINGERS SONG - WE ARE ON THE RADIO OMG!!!" I couldn't hold back the laughter the happiness. "That must be exciting" she replied. My response, " YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT BY HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

What I didn't notice was the other parents looking at me with big eyes and opened mouths. I believe my screams penetrated the windows of my car. My car probably was rocking too with just as much enthusiasm as I. As i began to pull off, others waved and smiled along with me. They didn't know what the screams from the car was about.... I- AND only I - knew what was REALLY GOING ON IN MY CAR!

As I shared with a friend this morning, it is so important to celebrate every moment in your life, no matter how small. Yes, we are looking forward to bigger and better things, but it is only the NOW we have. So why miss what the excitement of "NOW" has - looking for the excitement of tomorrow -which hasn't come.

This weeks lesson: Let your SCREAMS of JOY be heard - let the world know how Good God is to you. After all, if you don't celebrate you, who else will.

Remember to:
Find Peace Within
Be Blessed,
Ms. Lisa




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa