Friday, January 18, 2013

What's Different This Time

I am preparing to teach another Health Is Wealth Fitness Challenge at my church. This is our 4tth year doing this challenge. On yesterday, I spoke with one of the young ladies that is helping to organize the challenge and I asked her, "What is different this time?" She couldn't answer me honestly. One excuse after another. Well, I'm tired of the excuses.

You see every year, it's the same ladies that come to the challenge wanting to lose weight, but they didn't change their mind about what it is going to take to make that lifesyle change. As much as I enjoy training and helping others reach their goals, I have got to be honest with them. If you have not changed your mind about taking care of your body, then you are not ready to change.

When ever there are no sacrifices made, there is no value to the job. Sacrifices add value to the process.

So, I'll say to those that are preparing for the Fitness Challenge, Prepare your minds before you prepare your workout ensemble.

I can't help people if their minds are not ready for the change. Tell me, what is the one thing you're struggling with that's keeping you fromreching your goal?

Oh yell, please check out my friend +Katherine Waddell at thisneedstobesaid.com.  Check out her blogtalk radio broadcast everyday at 2:00 pm on Blogtalkradio.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lisa, I just have one question. How do you stay on track? I've been trying and still have not been successful. please help.
    Lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa