Monday, January 21, 2013

Eating Healthy On a Budget

Okay, I cannot tell you how many times I've heard this, "It cost too much to eat healthy". Yes, I hear this over and over. But what I've found to be true is, you can eat healthy on budget. Okay,I shop at Aldi's for all my produce and the bulk of my grocer. If you are not a fan of Aldi's you're missing out on some good prices. And I live on a budget too.

Tomatoes .69Lb.
Lettuce .99
Pineapple 1.99
Apples $2.79
Bananas .49 lb.
Frozen Vegetables Medley $1.09
Salmon 5 per pack $4.59 (I get 2 pack since I eat salmon 5 days a week)
Egg White substitute $1.59
Protein bar $3.59
Banana Nut Cereal $2.79
Stir Fry Vegetables $2.89
Ground Turkey $1.39
Fruit Pop around $2.59
Jar Peaches $2.39
Fit n Active Brown Rice $2.48
Multi-Grain tortilla $1.79
Mixed Nuts $2.39
Spaghetti sauce $1.79

I usually spend $60.00 or less in Aldi, every two weeks. I do not buy any produce from any of the other grocery stores. I very seldom buy any grocery from the other food stores. Aldi has everything I need to maintain a clean diet.

This is just some of the foods I purchase to maintain a healthy diet. Of course the produce is purchased once a week, but for the most part, the non-perishable foods list for about 2 weeks.. Now, it's up to you to be discipline only purchase what you need to change your life stlye.

Now, you do not see chicken on my list. That's because I buy chicken breast from GIANT PENNY OF COMPARE FOODS. It doesn't matter to me if it's not name brand meat... it all serves the same purpose. I'm not in love with food.. I eat to live, not live to eat...

It may cost you more if you have to fix separate meals for you and your family. I do it every day. And it's okay..

So, try this and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa