Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Are You at a Plateau? Tips to help you go through

I have been doing this fitness thing for 13 years now and the one thing I hear the most is, "I've lost 20 pounds and I can't seem to get the other 20 off". How many of you have said that very same thing? I'm sure many of you have. Even I have.. yes, even me. Just recently to be exact.

In October I was at 143.. Okay, don't laugh at me, but yes that weight was not of GOD... and I needed to get back in the 130's.. 135 to be exact. So, I spoke with another fitness friend of mine and she suggests I up my cardio and stop eating carbohydrates after 3:00 pm. Now, me being the discipline person I am had no problem with doing what I was told. So, I increased my cardio by running the first month from 2 miles 2 days a week to 3 miles 3 days a week. I lost 4 pounds.

Then the next month I increased my cardio by running 4 days Monday and Tuesday 4 miles and Thursday and Friday 5 miles. By the second month, I lost the other 4 pounds and my body fat decreased from 26% to 23% and I stopped eating carbs pass 3pm. I stopped eating fruit pass 3pm as well (you know they have natural sugars). And that's when I broke my plateau. I still maintain this regimen and have not gone back into the 140's... :)

So, if you are at a plateau in your weight loss, try what I did and let me know if it works for you.

Now you have to eat most of your carbohydrates by 1:00 pm, because as the day comes to an end, the less carbs you'll need. Unless you're going to work out and burn at least 500 of the calories you will eat, then you'll have to replace those calories with a good protein recovery drink.

Lisa D - Giving you the 411 on Health and Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa