Thursday, June 30, 2016

When Good Ain't Nice

How many times have you heard this statement: "I'm doing this for your good?" I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times when you were a child. Because that's the story line most parents give their children when they are disciplining their children. Then, we as children will say, "well I don't know how this is good for me because right now you're hurting me and you know what YOU'RE NOT A NICE PERSON! I know that story line oh too well because I was the one who always got the "I'm doing this for your good" speech from my parents.

Now that most of you who are reading my blog are adults, your GOOD is coming from a different voice.

Let's say you are at work and the company policy says you cannot use your work computer for personal business. You then get called in the office... You know where this is going right. You get written up at work because you broke a company policy, the boss pulls you in the office and reminds you of the policy that you some how forgot and broke... and what do they say (if they care about your career and job) they say: "I'm doing this for your good." and what do you say when you walk out of the office, "he or she is not NICE."... LOL. I can go on and on with the good vs nice scenario but I believe you got the picture. :)

Now let's take this a little bit further. As a child of the King how many times have we been reminded by the word of God that He chastens those He loves, You may say how can we put chastening and loving in the same sentence? It's easy... I do it because I love you and care about your future.

Remember this: When God said, "It's working out for your good" This doesn't mean it's going to be easy, or nice, it doesn't mean God isn't going to put some things in your life that will cause you some pain, it doesn't mean that God isn't going to hold your hand and put together a plan of action for you, it doesn't mean that God doesn't care. What it does mean is this

He's taken all our good, bad and ugly and making it all GOOD for our TODAY.


Thank You God for being GOOD so Life will be NICE to me.

Signed,
The good the bad and the ugly

Remember to Smile, Show Up, Succeed Everyday


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa