Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Celebrate My Sister-Hood - My Mom Mary Alice Wilson -Women's History Month

In recognition of Women's History Month Today I celebrate my Mother

Mary Alice Wilson, my mom- married her high school sweet heart Bernice at the age of 17 and 18. Their love produced 11 beautiful, very successful children. She was a majorette for Butler High School back in her day. Long legs, hips, thighs, and long hair. My dad spotted her and had to have her..... they have a beautiful love story. She's a beautiful woman inside and out. My mom is truly a strong person.

She has always encouraged us to do our very best. She let us know that it was important to go to college. She taught us how to be ladies and how to be a wives. She taught us how to make homemade biscuits and cakes from scratch. She told us to always have some money on the side, for JUST IN CASE, pay your bills on time and buy good quality furniture because it will last a life time.

There have been times when my mom wasn't always my biggest cheerleader and I had to separate myself from her but I never stopped loving her. Today she's my rock. She has shown her strength through her cancer treatments. She went through it with a smile. She never complained and never stopped taking care of our dad. They have been married over 60 years and that is to be celebrated. I've seen her go through some tough times and not one time did she make us feel alone or as if we would be left alone.

I remember when she wanted to learn how to drive, back then the husband did it all....I went with her to BoBo Smith Car dealership to buy her 1st car.. a Buick Regal. I test drove it and drove it home for her. She eventually got her license. She doesn't drive much outside of their small town in SC but she is an independent woman who can do her own thing.

Today I celebrate my mother, Mary Alice Montgomery Wilson.

Remember to Smile Everyday, Show Up Everyday, and Succeed Everyday
Find Peace Within
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa