Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Daughter Cried Last Night

I remember as a child sitting by the window at my parents house waiting for my grandma to come pick me up after she got off third shift.----- 11:15, 11:30, 11:45 - "Is she coming"? I would ask myself.... "Did she forget about me?" My brother Byron would stay up with me so I wouldn't be alone. He would say, "Lisa she's coming, I promise, she's coming." Then not long after that I would see her headlights coming around the corner. I was so happy to see her, Yea! grandma has finally come to get me and take me home. Not that I didn't like being at my parents house, but I just didn't have a space there-no room to call my own.

There were many nights where I sat beside the window waiting for grandma to pick me up and for a very long time I often wondered why was I the one to live with grandma. Did my parents not want me, was I different from the others? Why didn't they give one of the other ones to live with grandma, why did it have to be me? I often questioned that - to myself that is- and of course I never got a real answer. It has been the cry of that little girl inside of me that has control many of the decisions I've made as an adult. I was always questioning why someone didn't want me or why I wasn't good enough just the way I was.

This weekend I attended the "Matters of the Heart" women's conference with Pastor J. Nicole Goodson and the Restoration COGIC church family. Evangelist Roscoe talked about the little girl in us not being able to get well because the adult woman want get healed. I was like WOW.... that is powerful! How many of us let the little hurt girl inside of us control what we do?

After we finished working the altar, it was time for the intercessors to get prayer, my heart was open to receive what God had for me. As the woman of God began to pray for me there were many, many, many tears built up inside of me.  I didn't know I needed to cry as I am always in good spirits and am always praying and interceding for others. But what I had to remember, as a prayer warrior- I take on the burdens of others and stand in the gap for them. This weekend I needed to be poured back into and restored.

This weeks lesson: it is often the little girl inside of us that controls how we respond to life. It is only when the adult woman is healed the little girl will get well and live.

This in itself will help you find peace within.
Be blessed,
Ms. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa