Thursday, November 20, 2014

Big Shoes - Small Feet- A Walk of Faith

As I think about what the word "Faith" means I often think about my dream of being a teacher. I was the one who was always telling my classmates what to do, or giving instructions on how to do something, or the one who was always helping my classmate and co-workers. When we played school at home, I was the one teaching the class. I remember my brother Byron and my friend Teresa Farmer being my students in my mom's living room. Get your books out class, and turn to page ... LOL. I was so bossy then. But what I didn't realize was that I had big shoes but small feet.

I always wanted to be a teacher but I never felt I was smart enough since I didn't make really good grades in high school and I didn't go to college (then). I remember flunking typing in the 11th grade.. a straight "F". I just didn't get it. Of course now I can type like wiz.

I've been the choir teacher, the team peer council teacher, the process and procedure educator, the professional system trainer,Sunday School Teacher, YPWW teacher, and personal fitness trainer. But what I never dreamed of was teaching and or speaking before a group of college students, or CEO's of multi-million dollar company's. WOW - me, Yes You... That I never saw coming. But how many of you believe it is possible? I'm a believer!

Many years ago, I was standing in BIG Shoes with SMALL Feet. There were big plans for me, even as a child. My shoes were always BIG, I just had to GROW into them. I'm still growing....God prepares our feet for greatness, but He want let us walk into it until we;re prepared.

What I know for sure: we are being made everyday - even as a child. As a child we speak things into existence even when we don't know what we're speaking. We walk with BIG dreams not knowing that one day those DREAMS will COME True. As long as we continue to grow into the shoes we were destined to walk in God will continue to prepare the places for us to walk into.

Today's lesson: Keep Walking and Your Feet will Continue to Grow. Never stop walking and never stop growing.

Find Peace Within,
Ms. Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa