Wednesday, March 13, 2013

First Round Workout - Do it at the house

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to the gym and watched people stand and stare at the equipment. They look at it as if the machine will actually tell them how to use it. Don't we wish the machine could talk? LOL  I remember the first time I got on a treadmill, man I was saying to myself... "self you got this!" Guess what... me and myself ended up on the floor because I didn't know how to properly use the treadmill. It took a while for me to get over the fear of falling before I got back on that treadmill. When I started training for my body building competition I HAD TO GET ON THE TREADMILL. I started slow and now I'm a PRO, running and all. Don't be afraid to try something new. So today I want to share with you a circuit training routine I believe will help you maximize your workout and help you get the results you're looking for. AND GUESS WHAT NO MACHINES NECESSARY!

Circuit training can improve your strength, flexibility and aerobic fitness all in one pop. When doing circuit training you do not take breaks between exercises. The goal is to keep your heart-rate up during the entire workout. Every exercise is done in 60 seconds and you'll move to the next exercise.

Equipment needed:
* Stop watch
* Water
* Towel
* Resistance Band

The routine:
*   40 pushups (or as many as you can in 60 seconds)
*   Jumping Jacks
*   35 sit-ups (or as many as you can in 60 seconds)
*   10 push-ups (or as many as you can in 60 seconds)
*   30 seconds of squat jumps
*   30 seconds of rowing maching (use a resistance band, sit on the floor, place the band at the bottom of your feet and pull the band focusing on your upper back. Keep back straight and tummy tight)
*   Front Kicks (60 seconds)
*   Shadow Boxing (box as if someone is boxing with you)
*   Lay on your back and raise your heals a foot off the ground for 20 second - lower and raise them again (60 seconds)

You can do any exercise with circuit training. The key is to keep moving, do not take breaks, every movement is done within 60 seconds. This is a complete 30 minute workout.  Have fun and BUST A MOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa