Friday, March 1, 2013

A little Mint in your Chocolate

I am not big on chocolate, but I know many of you are. So, I searched for a recipe that I thought would be good to share and guest what.... I found one. It's Peppermint Brownies and of course it's made with healthy ingredients. Here are your ingredients


PEPPERMINT BROWNIES

1 package fudge brownie mix
4Tbsp. instant dry, powdered skim milk
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 egg whites
1 tsp. peppermint extract
Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat bottom of 13"x 9" baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine skim milk powder with skim milk and stir until dissolved

In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, applesauce, egg whites, peppermint extract, and skim milk mixtures. Spread evenly in prepared pan.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. When brownies are cool, cut into 15 even pieces

Top each brownie with 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream, 1 Tbsp. fat-free chocolate sauce, and 1 peppermint candy. Serve immediately.

Nutritional Facts
Serving size: 1 brownie
Cal:150
Ft Total: 6g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Carbs: 23g
Fiber: 2g
Protein: 4g

This recipe came from my BeachBody Think Kitchen Recipe Book. I hope you enjoy this Heart Healthy recipe. Let me know how it taste...

Building bodies together
Lisa D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you,
Ms. Lisa